Bout of Books - Day 1

janeiro 07, 2014


Day 1 - Monday, January 6th

STATS

Time devoted to reading - an hour and fourty minutes
Pages read today - 56 pages of Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, by Lisa See, which I finished
Total pages read - 56 pages

CHALLENGES

There were two challenges today. The Book Buying Spree @ Bookish Comforts:

Imagine if you will: you’ve just received some FANTASTIC news! You have won a $100 book buying spree! Now comes the hard part though: what books will you buy?! For this challenge, you’ll be creating your book buying spree wishlist, and sharing it in the comments.
I participated and you can see my list here.


And the other challenge was the Mad Libs Challenge @ Cheap Thrills:

This is one that I had a lot of fun with last time around – Bookish Mad Libs! Here’s how it works:

  1. I give a list of words I need from you: noun, verb, adjective, etc.
  2. You pick words from book titles. (Share title and author so we can learn about new books!)
  3. Use those words to complete a short story.
I confess my brain was a bit lazy for this one, so I chose not to participate.

NOTES

I think this day was pretty good. I read more than fifty pages and I have finished the book I was reading. I also entered a challenge and I am, overall pleased with myself. 
Although it has only been one day I already noticed that the internet rules my life. How is this possible?! I spent the whole day at home and only read a bit more than an hour and a half? Shame! I will try and change this habit, because the internet is a big black hole and I can't spend most of my days looking at it...

You Might Also Like

0 comentários