Bout of Books 27 - Goals and Progress

janeiro 06, 2020


Like every past Bout of Books, here is the post with my goals for this readathon as well as my progress throughtout the week that I will be updating every day.

My goals:

  • To read every day for at least 1 hour
  • To read at least 50 pages every day
  • To participate in at least 2 Bout of Books challenges

My progress

Monday (Day 1)

Time devoted to reading: 30 minutes
Number of pages read today: 10 pages of The Secret History, by Donna Tartt
Total number of pages read so far: 10 pages
Notes: Today was mostly devoted to finishing one of my thesis' section, so I didn't read that much... When I got to bed I was tired of reading and writing all day, so I just gave up after 10 pages. But I'm expecting to do better on Tuesday!

Tuesday (Day 2)


Time devoted to reading: 3 hours
Number of pages read today: 70 pages of The Secret History, by Donna Tartt
Total number of pages read so far: 80 pages
Notes: Today was a far better day than yesterday. I was able to do everything I needed and wanted to do, and on top of that I managed to read for 3 hours. It was a good day and I'm really enjoying the book I'm reading!

Wednesday (Day 3)

Time devoted to reading: 1 hour and 40 minutes
Number of pages read today: 35 pages of The Secret History, by Donna Tartt
Total number of pages read so far: 115 pages
Notes: Today I worked on my thesis and then I discovered the Netflix's series Dracula, so I spend more than 4 hours watching it. I only read at night, before falling asleep, but still I think it was a good day. I'm loving the book and I didn't want to put it down!

Thursday (Day 4)

Time devoted to reading: 1 hour and 40 minutes
Number of pages read today: 35 pages of The Secret History, by Donna Tartt
Total number of pages read so far: 150 pages
Notes: Today I spent the day with a friend of mine so I only read while commuting. When I arrived home I couldn't read anymore because I had a massive headache. Bummer!

Friday (Day 5)

Time devoted to reading: 30 minutes
Number of pages read today: 10 pages of The Secret History, by Donna Tartt
Total number of pages read so far: 160 pages
Notes: Today I was overcome by laziness and I didn't read. My mind was so far away that I couldn't concentrate properly, so I gave up after 30 minutes and decided that today was not a good day to read. And that's ok! If you can't, you can't.

Saturday (Day 6)

Time devoted to reading: 1 hour and 30 minutes
Number of pages read today: 30 pages of The Secret History, by Donna Tartt
Total number of pages read so far: 190 pages
Notes: So, today was a lot better than yesterday. Still, I wish I had read more than I did, but it wasn't a good mental health day, so I had to have a little patience with myself. However, I managed to read before falling asleep and I'm really motivated to keep on reading on Sunday, because I'm really loving this book.

Sunday (Day 7)

Time devoted to reading: 3 hours
Number of pages read today: 78 pages of The Secret History, by Donna Tartt
Total number of pages read so far: 268 pages
Notes: Today I was really motivated to read and I managed to read quite a lot! Donna Tartt writes really well and the plot is so intriguing, it's not easy to put the book down.


Wrap-Up

And so it ends! One week of intense reading, which reminds me that one week of vacations has gone  by as well... *cries a bit* Overall, I think I had a really good week of reading: I managed to read more than what I am used to, but I think I'm going to keep the momentum and keep on reading more or less at this pace. This readathon has helped me with my progress on The Secret History and I'm really loving it. So here is the final wrap-up of the week:

Total time devoted to reading: 12 hours and 50 minutes. That is really good for me! I usually read a lot less, but I'm feeling really good about myself for this. It made me prioritize reading over watching crappy TV, and it helped me to remind myself that it is possible to keep reading even if you work, have a thesis to write, have family/friends gatherings, etc.
Total number of pages read: 268 pages. I haven't read this many pages in a week I don't know for how long, so it was a really good week!

You Might Also Like

8 comentários

  1. Happy BoB! It takes me a day or two during BoB to get into the swing of things and actually implement my plan (reading X amount of pages or X amount of time) but by the weekend I'm cruising! Good luck!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Thank you! That's exactly it, it takes me a while to follow my plans and stick to them. Today was already a better day.
    Happy readings!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Working on your thesis and tackling a readathon?! You are a superhero!! Hope all goes well with both :)

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Thank you!! :D I'm on vacation from work right now, so I can manage time between working for my thesis and reding much better.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I hope today was better for you - no headache :( That's always the worst because it makes reading so hard.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Thank you! Headaches are the worst...

    ResponderEliminar
  7. You can't win 'em all. The worst thing to do if to force yourself to read. If you're not feeling it, don't do it. Reading should be an enjoyable, pleasurable escape! Good luck today!

    ResponderEliminar