Bout of Books 20 - Goals and Progress

agosto 21, 2017


As it happened the other times, this post will be where I state my goals and my progress throughout the week.

My Goals


  • To read every day, at least for an hour


My Progress

Monday (Day 1)

Time devoted to reading: 1 hour and 20 minutes
Number of pages read today: 30 pages of Words of Radiance, by Brandon Sanderson
Total number of pages read so far: 30 pages
Notes: It was a good start! I managed to read more today than I had in the last few weeks. I read while commuting to and from work and a little bit before dinner as well. At night I didn't read at all because I watched this week's episode of Game of Thrones and I had all the feels, and couldn't do anything else.

Tuesday (Day 2)

Time devoted to reading: 20 minutes
Number of pages read today: 10 pages of Words of Radiance, by Brandon Sanderson
Total number of pages read so far: 40 pages
Notes: Today I was tired and couldn't read as much as I wanted. Besides, I had to go to the supermarket in the evening so I also didn't have that much time to read either.

Wednesday (Day 3)

Time devoted to reading: 30 minutes
Number of pages read today: 16 pages of Words of Radiance, by Brandon Sanderson
Total number of pages read so far: 56 pages
Notes: I could barely keep my eyes open, today! I was so sleepy both in the morning and in the evening, that it was a struggle to read while commuting. Anyway, I hope the next days will be better because the story is really becoming more interesting.

Thursday (Day 4)

Time devoted to reading: 1 hour
Number of pages read today: 25 pages of Words of Radiance, by Brandon Sanderson
Total number of pages read so far: 81 pages
Notes: Today was good. I managed to read for an hour and I found hard to put the book down. Man, I really love Brandon Sanderson's writing and stories! However, it was already late and I had to sleep because I wake up early for work...

Friday (Day 5)

Time devoted to reading: 25 minutes
Number of pages read today: 11 pages of Words of Radiance, by Brandon Sanderson
Total number of pages read so far: 92 pages
Notes: I am not reading a lot, but I am reading and that's what matters. It was difficult for me to concentrate because I was tired and I had other things to do when I thought I would be reading. I hope I can read more in the weekend!

Saturday (Day 6)

Time devoted to reading: None
Number of pages read today: None
Total number of pages read so far92 pages
Notes: Today was very rough. I planned to read the whole day, give myself a break from my thesis since I got a lot done during the week, but I had a family emergency. I have my grandfather in the hospital, so everything was a bit crazy and I didn't read at all. But since everything is now a bit more calm I hope I can catch up on Sunday.


Sunday (Day 7)

Time devoted to reading: 1 hour and 30 minutes
Number of pages read today: 50 pages of Words of Radiance, by Brandon Sanderson
Total number of pages read so far: 142 pages
Notes: I haven't read as much as I wanted to, but today was the day that I read the most. So, for me it was a good day! I really enjoyed myself and I love the book I'm reading. Brandon Sanderson is definetely a great story-teller.

WRAP-UP

This is already over?!? Nooooo!! I really enjoyed participating in one more Bout of Books. I feel like it motivates me to read more instead of wasting hours scrolling through facebook or youtube or instagram. It takes my mind off of real-life problems and it allows me to enter other worlds and meet other people. That's the power of reading, and I love it. 

So, my only goal was to read every day for at least one hour. It only happened three times, but I'm not upset. At least I got to read everyday even if it was just for 20 minutes. I want to keep this pace because sometimes it is hard to forget that you also have to give yourself a break when there is a lot going on in your life. Reading is my break, even if just for a little while.

Now, here are the stats for this read-a-thon:

Time devoted to reading: 5 hours and 5 minutes. It doesn't sound like a lot, but for me it is!
Total pages read: 142 pages of Words of Radiance, by Brandon Sanderson


You Might Also Like

7 comentários

  1. glad you are enjoying more and more the challenge, good luck on the remaining days

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Keep up the good work!! It's so hard to read when you're tired, but you got this :).

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Thank you both!! :)
    It is always a pleasure to participate in the Bout of Books and since I work while trying to write my PhD at the same time, it sort of reminds me of that thing that is reading for pleasure. I read a lot, but usually for my PhD, and since I work and study it is hard to find the time to read other things.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. It's so hard to read when you're tired! I read 4 pages the first day, 10 the second, and finally managed to read 47 and 81 for Weds and Thurs. I have yet to pick up any Brandon Sanderson, but I hear his books are absolutely amazing! Hope your weekend reading goes well :)

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Sarah Ellis: It is! I think the important thing is to keep reading even if it's just a couple of pages a day. But when you are tired and/or have a lot to do it's hard to keep your mind focused. You seem to be doing pretty well! Some days are better than others, we'll see :)
    Brandon Sanderson is amazing! He has become one of my favourite fantasy authors, and I got to meet him once in a book signing session - he is super nice and a total geek, just like his fans :)

    ResponderEliminar
  6. I hope your grandfather is okay! I'm glad you were able to make some time for reading.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. L Jenni Dorner: Yes, my grandfather is ok now. Thank you! :)

    ResponderEliminar