Bout of Books 34 - Progress Post

maio 09, 2022



For this week of Bout of Books I have only two goals: to read as much as I can everyday, and to hopefully finish one of the books I'm currently reading, Torto Arado, by the Brazilian author Itamar Vieira Junior.

So this post will serve to update my progress throughout the week in terms of reading.


My Progress

Day 1 - Monday

Time devoted to reading: 45 minutes
Pages read today: 20 pages of Torto Arado
Total pages so far: 20 pages
Books finished: None
Notes: Today was not a great day for this marathon. I only read a bit before falling asleep, but well.. It's only the first day!


Day 2 - Tuesday

Time devoted to reading: 1h40
Pages read today: 46 pages of Torto Arado
Total pages so far: 66 pages
Books finished: None
Notes: Today was better. Commuting always makes me read more, and that's what happened. I also felt a bit more productive, didn't watch repeated shows at night, and it helped me with my reading.


Day 3 - Wednesday

Time devoted to reading: 1h30
Pages read today: 44 pages of Torto Arado
Total pages so far: 110 pages
Books finished: None
Notes: I didn't read as much as I thought, but it was not bad. I am steadily advancing on my current read and that is what counts!


Day 4 - Thursday

Time devoted to reading: None
Pages read today: 0 pages
Total pages so far: 110 pages
Books finished: None
Notes: I was so tired today, that I didn't manage to read. Not even while commuting!


Day 5 - Friday

Time devoted to reading: None
Pages read today: 0 pages
Total pages so far:110 pages
Books finished: None
Notes: I didn't read today - honestly, it was bad time management and I also ended up watching comfort TV series instead of reading.


Day 6 - Saturday

Time devoted to reading: 2 hours
Pages read today: 54 pages of Torto Arado
Total pages so far: 164 pages
Books finished: None
Notes: Today was better, and I trust that I will be able to finish Torto Arado by tomorrow! I had some house chores to do, so I didn't read through the whole day, but it was good, nonetheless.


Day 7 - Sunday

Time devoted to reading: 2h55min
Pages read today: 88 pages of Torto Arado
Total pages so far: 252 pages
Books finished: Torto Arado
Notes: I finished the book today! I achieved one of my goals, so I am happy. And I was able to read a little bit more, although I thought that by being Sunday I would read more.


WRAP-UP

It's over! I have survived another read-a-thon, and it was good for me to track my reading progress. I enjoyed it, I managed to finish the book that I was reading and it was a good reading week overall. It could have been better, if not for those two days that I didn't read, but I am okay with that. 
But here are the final numbers:

Total of time devoted to reading: 8h 45 minutes
Total pages read: 252 pages
Total of books finished: one book finished - Torto Arado.



You Might Also Like

0 comentários